Is GP Negligence Common
In 2016, the Telegraph released an article detailing the rise of GP negligence cases in the UK. It was revealed that there had been an 80% rise in claims since 2009, with a 20% rise between 2015 and 2016. Cases involving GP negligence are becoming increasingly common.
Additionally, GP negligence can manifest in a number of different ways. Cases can include (but are not limited to):
- Failure – or delay – in investigating symptoms.
- Failure – or delay – in referring the patient to a specialist.
- Failure – or delay – in acting on the results of a test.
- Inappropriate or insufficient medicine prescriptions.
- Failure to review medication.
- Inadequate monitoring of illness.
Given the huge volume of patients requiring medical attention in UK hospitals every single day, accidents and mistakes can occur. Added to that, they can be costly. At the same time, there is an increasing number of patients seeking private medical care or care for cosmetic issues. These cases can also be affected by negligence. If you believe that you have been harmed by a case of GP negligence, then you may be owed compensation.
We Doctors Risk Medico Legal Services Has 12 Years Of Rich Experience In Successfully Solving 12,000+ Cases, Having 10000+ Satisfied Clients From Every Part Of India.
October 20, 2018